- About The LIA
- For Industry Practitioners
- Consumer Zone
- Solutions I Need
- Fact-Find Process
- Getting The Best Deal
- The Library
- Unclaimed Proceeds
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
Getting good advice: Client's participation
As a customer, you play an active part by sharing pertinent information with your financial adviser, so that he can come back with solutions that work well for you.
Here are some tips when consulting a financial adviser:
- Be honest about your financial situation. It is only when you have done so that your financial adviser is enabled to analyse and make a suitable recommendation.
- Communicate your goals and objectives. Your financial adviser will then be able to recommend appropriate options within your means.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions! These may include queries like why the adviser is recommending a particular product to you; what are the 'health warnings' you should know about the product. Effective financial planning is an interactive process.
- Take time to make your decision. While a financial adviser can recommend particular products that are appropriate, you are the one who has to make the final decision. As the customer, the responsibility remains with you to weigh the pros and cons of each option in deciding which one(s) would serve your needs. If you have any questions pertaining to the policies, always consult your financial adviser. Do not take up a policy if you are unsure of how it works.
- Regard your financial advisor as a trusted partner, and not merely a salesperson. Buying life insurance involves long term commitments on your part and a long term relationship with your financial adviser will ensure that he has a good understanding of your evolving needs over time.
Search our Unclaimed Proceeds page for....
How are investment returns (i.e. interest rates) used in the Benefit Illustration of Participating Products derived? To find out more...click here.
Are You Protected?
Try out our Protection Gap Calculator and see if you have enough insurance to cover your loved ones.