- About The LIA
- For Industry Practitioners
- Consumer Zone
- Solutions I Need
- Fact-Find Process
- Getting The Best Deal
- The Library
- Unclaimed Proceeds
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
Having peace of mind for your family
Universal Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance
- The Dependants Protection Scheme covers CPF members.
- Pays up to $46,000 upon the CPF member’s death or permanent incapacitation.
- Covers you for a set period of time.
- Pays the benefit on your death or if you become totally and permanently disabled during that period.
- A form of 'interest sensitive' whole life insurance that offers within certain limits flexibility in the amount, method and timing of premium payments.
- Pays a death benefit.
- Builds up a cash value which can be borrowed from or withdrawn.
- Cash value earns interest at a rate that may change over time.
- Some plans guarantee a minimum interest crediting rate.
- Covers you for your lifetime.
- Also provides long term savings.
- Pays a 'cash value' upon termination of the policy.
- Pays the benefit including any declared bonuses on your death or if you become totally and permanently disabled.
- Premium payments are payable over your lifetime or for a limited period.
Life is filled with uncertainties and risks. Life insurance protects you against unforeseen events by minimising their impact on your dependants.
A life insurance policy pays out a lump sum in the event of total and permanent disability or death. The benefits are intended to cover immediate to longer-term financial needs of your family members such as parents, spouse and children.
Are you under insured?
Are you adequately covered so that your loved ones will not experience financial difficulties should anything happen to you?
In assessing your needs, consider:
- the number of dependants you have
- the lifestyle you want to provide your family with after your demise
- your children's education needs
- your outstanding debts and mortgages
To gauge how much insurance coverage you need, go to the protection calculator.
Professional advice is important
Your financial circumstances are not exactly the same as another person's.
It is advisable to seek the help of a financial adviser whose job is to guide you in making choices you understand about your financial future, and provide you with suitable financial solutions that will protect you and your loved ones in the event of a calamity.
Contact any one of our member companies to put you in touch with a financial adviser.
For more information on life insurance, refer to the ‘The Library’ section.
Search our Unclaimed Proceeds page for....
How are investment returns (i.e. interest rates) used in the Benefit Illustration of Participating Products derived? To find out more...click here.
Are You Protected?
Try out our Protection Gap Calculator and see if you have enough insurance to cover your loved ones.